Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Rumble

Ive got a noise when I put my foot on the breaks all looks ok so put her up ii the air spun over no noise.Then try 4+4 all ok then turned the steering left or right there is the most terrable noise sounds like its droped a cog.Also when in 4+4 driveing at low speed strait line its fine but when you turn it makes the motor work hard dose any one think its the transfer box any surjestions

driving in a straight line with no noise. The noise is when you turn, check the front wheel bearings for play. Also check your front brakes. Putting into 4x4 and the motor has to work might be a broken axle U jiont.
    My two cents
    [COLOR=Red]Semper Fi[/COLOR]
    In Loving Memory of My Daughter

Comment

sound like a bad axle u-joint. Also, depending on the transfer case you have, if its a 231, you are not suppose to drive it on dry pavement because there is no variation between the front and rear wheel speed. This can cause damage to the t-case.
      [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
      SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
      Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by Dukes69
        sound like a bad axle u-joint. Also, depending on the transfer case you have, if its a 231, you are not suppose to drive it on dry pavement IN 4 WHEEL DRIVE because there is no variation between the front and rear wheel speed. This can cause damage to the t-case.
        myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
          boo hoo

[COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
          SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
          Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Thanks all. The wheel bearings all ok back wheel has no up or down but you can pull it and push it about 2 or 3mm ish ujs look fine no signs of wear with the squeek as soon as I just rest on the brake there is a click sounds like the break pad is jumping but thats all ok squeek stops at same time think the two are related. Not sure what gears I have think all will be standard I use her for pest controle but over rough ground its to fast thats why I normaly use low think this may cause the prob.
            By the way its a 97 tj 5sp 31.10.50s mud terrain crome tube bumper front and rear steel half doors soft top one inch body lift tow hitch piaa lights ps guys i will never get used to this thing thats why got my problem up twice sorry about that.

Comment

Hey, anyone notice the location of this Jeeper? Could this be the first from across the pond?
              Welcome aboard! Your in good hands here, a smaller site but full of commitment. Send some picture of your adventures, picture do tell a thousand words. Post something in "Your Rockin' Jeep" forum when you get a chance, a warm response will follow, a good bunch of people here.

Cheers, B&T TJ

Comment

Originally posted by Black & Tan TJ
                Hey, anyone notice the location of this Jeeper? Could this be the first from across the pond?
                Welcome aboard! Your in good hands here, a smaller site but full of commitment. Send some picture of your adventures, picture do tell a thousand words. Post something in "Your Rockin' Jeep" forum when you get a chance, a warm response will follow, a good bunch of people here.

Cheers, B&T TJ
                good eye
                welcome to the board!
                >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Thanks for the welcome B&T. I had a good look around and MJR certainly looked to be the most informative and the most intresting bunch (dont let it go to your heads guys) The answers that I got have been very helpful still not found what it is yet but off to have another look in a bit but you have given me more pointers to look at thanks.I will try get some picks on but nothing as good as most of you have we do not have trails any thing as good here in the uk but I would like say thanks to all for the replys sent in.
                  cheers for now

Comment

leeroy, welcome aboard! you're not the first from abroad, but you're definitely one of the few. make sure you start a new thread in the welcome forum so we can hear more about your rockin jeep, and i wanna see a pic of it, does it have the steering wheel on the other side!!?? LOL
                    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Working...
                    X