Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front track bar

I have a 4 or 4-1/2" Rubicon lift, no sure which. The extension bracket / plate for the track bar that came with the kit (previous owner had the kit installed) will not stay tight due to the extra leverage on it which is understandable.

I am in the process of fabricating a extension mount that will engage the housing to keep it from being able to rotate and loosen the mount bolt.

My question is, the holes on the current extension plate are only 3 inches apart, which to me would be correct to keep the track bar at the proper angle if it was a 3 inch lift.

Being that the lift is 4 to 4.5, the hole spread should be the same as the amount of lift, correct ??

I know a lot of people will say to just remove the bar and forget about it. I have driven it both ways, with and without and on the street and especially on the freeway, it is much better handling with it on.

I am going to build a disconnect into it also as I understand the need to not have it on when wheelin.

Anyway, back to the question, should the mount extension be the same as the amount of lift ?

I JUST REALIZED I PUT THIS IN THE WRONG CATEGORY, HOW DO I MOVE IT ?
    Last edited by dktool; 03-31-11, 09:45 PM.
Working...
X