Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upgrades, lockers

I have recently purchased 92 YJ, approx 5 inch suspension lift 33x10.50, 4 cyl. I have a little over $1,000 to spend on upgrades and I need to get a back bumber/tire carrier and rocker gaurds. I was also thinking of getting a ford 8.8 but think I will wait on that. My question is on my budget what type of locker should I get? I have heard different opinions on only locking one axle (some say front, some say rear). I am thinking of a automatic locker because of price. I use this jeep primarly for wheeling a couple times a month, but I still need to drive it to the trail.

Thanks

Greg

i think im gonna get an aussie locker(www.offroadlockers.com)
    B R E T T
    87 XJ 3" lift, 31s-thats all thats worth mentioning

Comment

I would recommend an air or electric locker - spend the money and it will be worth it. I had a Detroit EZ Locker, which miserably failed, leaving the vehicle undrivable until removed. Good thing we weren't far from home!
      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

what axles are u running?
        myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

A F8.8 is a nice upgrade from stock. They can be had for Cheap . . . $400 or so, so I hear. Plus you'll have some coin left over for other stuff. As for lockers, if you want to do it the "right way" and only do it once, ARB's are the only way to go. But they are pricy. I would suggest an 8.8 and body armor. Then when you need the lockers, re-gear and stick lockers in there.

[COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
          SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
          Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
            what axles are u running?
            if its stock, it would be a HP Disco 30/D35
            Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

all i'm trying to say is if you've got a 35 in the rear don't sink a penny into it. just not worth it.
              myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

all i'm trying to say is if you've got a 35 in the rear don't sink a penny into it. just not worth it.
                Unless the first few pennies are a ton of truss work to keep the wimpy little tubes from flexing.... you're right, but just sayin
                1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
                My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I am now thinking aussie locker in front and body armor. I will keep an eye for a ford 8.8 with disk brakes.

This is one expensive hoby.

Comment

Originally posted by slingblade
                    Thanks for the replies. I am now thinking aussie locker in front and body armor. I will keep an eye for a ford 8.8 with disk brakes.

This is one expensive hoby.
                    You got that right!!!!
                    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Working...
                    X