Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only thing that will be left of my shaft is the splines and the rear yoke ears. Otherwise this is a new shaft.
    Those left standing
    Will make millions
    Writing books on ways
    It should have been
    -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Originally posted by OU812 View Post
      The only thing that will be left of my shaft is the splines and the rear yoke ears. Otherwise this is a new shaft.
      And hopefully dealing with a local shop you'll have it done in a few hours vs. a few days which I'm sure will alleviate some aggravation.
      That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

X2 on that one :drool:

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
        400 bucks is way too much. You can buy a fancy custom drive shaft built to the specs that you need for less than that. I think I paid 300 bucks for my rear DS from Tom Woods and when my CV/Centerball went bad, it was like 150 bucks for them to fully rebuild it, new CV joint, all new U-joints, and rebalanced. Sounds to me like the shop is trying to take you for a ride.
        Drew
        95yj Six Pack

Comment

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
          And hopefully dealing with a local shop you'll have it done in a few hours vs. a few days which I'm sure will alleviate some aggravation.
          Sometimes having it done same say is worth a little bit extra. Scott's YJ is a DD.
          If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

I could save fourty or maybe even fifty dolars if I orded somthing over the internet. I plan on doing that for my front drive shaft that needs woork. But to get on the road today it I had to chose $150 to modify and balance an XJ rear that I would have to buy at the junk yard, or $320 do rebuild mine. But I will be on the road today.
            Those left standing
            Will make millions
            Writing books on ways
            It should have been
            -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Originally posted by OU812 View Post
              I could save fourty or maybe even fifty dolars if I orded somthing over the internet. I plan on doing that for my front drive shaft that needs woork. But to get on the road today it I had to chose $150 to modify and balance an XJ rear that I would have to buy at the junk yard, or $320 do rebuild mine. But I will be on the road today.
              Glad to hear you'll be back in action shortly!!!
              That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

scott u shjould talk to ron jeep4cern he got a hook up on a cv shaft for 230 out the door and they are supposedly bigger/beefier than tom woods shafts. thats almopst 100 bucks cheaper for a new shaft. and thats to your door.

Comment

dont be ashamed if your jeep is 2wd around town. I do it everyday. I just strap the axle side of the shaft up the frame rail. When I get to the trail I bolt her up and go. Takes me about 5 minutes now
                  [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                  X