Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YJ: oil filter mount

This weekend while changing my oil I must have cross threaded my oil filter because the first thread on the mount was messed up. I found a oil filter mount on a 4cyl Tj at ecology and put it on my 6cyl YJ. The threads going into the block are the same. I bought a oil filter for the 4cyl TJ and matched it up with my old yj filter. The rubber gasket is the same size. Does anyone know any reason why this might be a bad idea. It all looks good to me but am I missing anything?
    Those left standing
    Will make millions
    Writing books on ways
    It should have been
    -Incubus "Warning"

the elbow adapter makes your jeep wheel better, it like having a locker and the terralow all in one :beer:
    An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

Comment

There were plenty of elbow adaptors. I was going to take the one from the 88 Cherokee because it was angled up instead of backwards. But I read on naxja that a lot of people have problems with those leaking.
      Those left standing
      Will make millions
      Writing books on ways
      It should have been
      -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Would it not have been easier to just clean the threads with a thread file and be done with it?

Comment

I tried an I was making it worse. The more I filed the thinner the first thread was getting making it more likely I would screw it up again. Ecology is only about two miles from my house so it didn't take much.
          Those left standing
          Will make millions
          Writing books on ways
          It should have been
          -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Working...
          X