Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

even if it doesn't run, at least it looks good

going to indiana over this weekend, so I hope to work on swapping it in next weekend. maybe it'll even start

Comment

it sure is perty
      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
      ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Looks fast anyways... I think that is the last 4.2L crank core in the US. Napa didn't have one when I first tried to order it (right after you did Chuck), and I have been through 3 places that say "yeah, sure we have one of those..." only to find out after they actually look on the shelf that they are out of them. I have started expanding my search...my father is looking for one in the engine scrap yards of good ole Detroit...
        1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
        My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

My son just bought a 4.2 crank for his YJ at Advance Auto.$173.00-his old crank was worth $20.00 as a core.It's been turned .020 on both rod and main journals.
          "Good Girls and Dirty Jeeps" a song by Opal Justice http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xRtRE45OVQ

Comment

Originally posted by rick
            Looks fast anyways... I think that is the last 4.2L crank core in the US. Napa didn't have one when I first tried to order it (right after you did Chuck), and I have been through 3 places that say "yeah, sure we have one of those..." only to find out after they actually look on the shelf that they are out of them. I have started expanding my search...my father is looking for one in the engine scrap yards of good ole Detroit...
            Rick I have 4.2 long block in the Garage. It'll cost a "Howdy" from ya. If you want the crank just say " Yea Ha".
            [COLOR=Red]Semper Fi[/COLOR]
            In Loving Memory of My Daughter

Comment

How about "Yeeee hawww"? Can I say yeee haw instead? I'll take it - heck, i'll even pull it myself.... we'll be in touch.
              1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
              My Jeep

Comment

alrighty then... theis is getting serious

before:

making a little room to work:

OUT WITH YA!

seems to me that something's missing?

much better

finish up the wiring, new radiator & hoses, other odds & ends and (hopefully) firing it up tomorrow

Comment

WOW!

Thats purty Chuck!

Good luck with the install

Tam
                  2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                  Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

what a mess!!

I mean . . . LOOKIN GOOD!!
                    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

She looks soooo SWEET!!!Wish I could be ther to hear her fire up for the first time!Actually I wish it was in my CJ!
                      "Good Girls and Dirty Jeeps" a song by Opal Justice http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xRtRE45OVQ

Comment

Boo now we cant race fair. Better hook up the nos........

Looks good Chucky.

Comment

Looks nice, you need some help breaking in the cam? I'll hold the throttle open for you . That's the fun part...2,000 rpm for 30 minutes. The neighbors love that, especially if you do it at about midnight or so on a school night without the exhaust hooked up...

This is the pic I was looking for... Now I know for sure what these brackets are for on this junkyard engine I have - I thought they were XJ. I guess I need to keep scouring ebay for a wrangler a/c bracket. Damn I wish I paid more attention to what the heck I buy...
                          My Jeep

Comment

well it fired up on the first try the directions that came with the cam said to run it for 20 minutes... which I did, of course. I haven't taken it for a spin yet since I still have a few minor things to do: bolt down the airbox, connect the ground strap, top off the transmission fluid (lost 4 or 5 quarts when I disco'ed the tranny cooler lines and removed the torque convertor). It starts after turning over 2 or 3 times and runs & revs like nobody's business. Oil pressure is right at 40 PSI cold. I can't wait to take it for a spin tomorrow Not bad for a first-time engine builder

Comment

This thread has been totally fascinating for me even though I hardly understand it Any good books out there about engines that can help me to at least understand what everyone is talking about?
                              Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

woohoo! it's done... it runs... the distributor was one tooth off so it knocked and backfired a bit, especially under load. reindexed the dist. and all is well it's got a very slight ping in 4th gear so i might need to invest in octane booster (or 89 octane gas).

nagal, in the simplest terms, stroking an engine is a method of rebuilding using non-stock parts to increase the stroke (the distance the piston travels up & down the cylinder). in the case of the Jeep 4.0L, there are several ways to do this, depending on how much you want to spend i used a crankshaft from a 4.2L Jeep engine, 4.0L connecting rods, and custom-made pistons. I also bored the block over a bit, making the diameter of the cylinder a bit larger as well. my engine is now about 4.6L displacement. tons of fun

Comment

Working...
                                X