Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok,READY?!!?

ok, I,m really close to doing this ,and have some questions,and/or opinions..Ok, Superior traction control differential,with gears included is $677.99 or Motive gears front are 184.99 and rear are 196.99 then get a locker for the front, I have the limited slip in the rear that does ok I,m gonna leave it alone for now ..It,s a 97 with a 30/44 diff,s basically want to know if these are decent gears and prices..Thanks Fella,s/gal,s....Oh and I have it on 33,s now but when they,re done I,m going to 35,s..5 inches total lift. Thanks
    "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

What gear ratio are you going to be moving to?
    That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Geebo if you are moving to 35's go 4.88.
      For a front locker ARB, OX or an ausoe of you want to go cheap. The first 2 are your best choice for a front locker

Comment

Was thinking of going to 4.56,s
        "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Art, I've been thinking of a gearing down for a long time, and I'd like to go 4.56-4.88, but I'm kinda concerned about my Dana 30 with a pinion that small. Obviously you just suggested that, but what about it?
          holes = cowbell

Comment

Here is my input. I have 33" tires and 4:10 ratio. I think it feels stock or a pinch above. 5th gear works good unless on the highway it's a steep hill. Then I use 4th. With 35" I would probably go 4:56.

Comment

The 4.56 gears worked fine for me front. You know my little put put gets a pretty good workout on the trail and with the 4:1 ratio in low range it did not break anything. I still have the whole front axle with 4.56 gears in it if you are interested can put any kind of locker in it that you want.
              Truss the front axle with something like a tnt truss to keep axle housing flex down and the gears should be just fine.
              4.88's might work better with a high pinion axle in the front,
              For a dana 44 it should be fine as is. You'll like the craw speed best with the 4.88's though

Comment

Originally posted by inVERt'D View Post
                Art, I've been thinking of a gearing down for a long time, and I'd like to go 4.56-4.88, but I'm kinda concerned about my Dana 30 with a pinion that small. Obviously you just suggested that, but what about it?
                I've had 4.88's in my Dana 30/9" axle combo for a few years now. Ran 33" MTR's with no issues and will be moving to 35" MTR's soon. I still have 5th gear on the freeway (no hills) and I'm really not worried about breaking a high pinion Dana 30 - it's the u-joints that I am going to worry about.
                Money pit!

Comment

Working...
                X