Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drivenhardse
    replied
    carb cleaner is great i use it to clean everything from sparkplugs to chainsaws. any how i asume all you guys are talking the 4.0 or so how bout he 2.4 would this be benificial for me heck ill take my stock one off and bore that dang thing out!!!

Leave a comment:

• nagal
    replied
    My new/used throttle body arrived today and boy is it a mess. Any suggestions on what to use to clean it up before taking it to the machine shop? I have heard carb cleaner works great.

Leave a comment:

• NAILER341
    replied
    i honestly dont know. but i would think that whoever has a machine capable of milling out the tb will be able to make a butterfly for you.
    i havent been to the machinist yet today, but hopefully later on i'll be able to talk to him about this.
    i'll let you know how it works out.

Leave a comment:

• nagal
    replied
    Thanks Erik! Any idea on where to get a new butterfly if I decide to go 62mm or do I have to have one made?

Leave a comment:

• NAILER341
    replied
    if you are going to take it to a machine shop to have it bored... i suggest you just go to 60 mm. this is just removing the necking down in the stock tb. this way you can utilize the existing butterfly.
    i will be talking to a machinist this afternoon... i'll see what he charges for something like this.
    i should be picking up my steering arms from him today. i hope!

Leave a comment:

• nagal
    replied
    Yes bringing this thread back again

I got a throttle body coming. Once I get it cleaned up is there anything else that needs to be done besides having it bored out to 62mm? I have heard of companies that sell the bored out bodies also putting in some special butterfly valve (I think thats what the metal flaps in it are called).

Leave a comment:

• nagal
    replied
    Finally found a used throttle body, is $50 (shipped) a good/decent price?

Leave a comment:

• NAILER341
    replied
    Originally posted by leeroy
    HI erik did you have to do any more mods to do the throttle body or do you just do it and drive
    just do it and drive. your jeeps computer will adjust for it.

Leave a comment:

• leeroy
    replied
    HI erik did you have to do any more mods to do the throttle body or do you just do it and drive

Leave a comment:

• NAILER341
    replied
    i had a friend at a machine shop. he will no longer do them.

Leave a comment:

• D4x4Fish
    replied
    Where did you get it bored at? :confused:

Leave a comment:

• NAILER341
    replied
    i havent been selling these for a while...
    pm rick, i think he has an extra stock one.

Leave a comment:

• nagal
    replied
    I have been wanting to do this one and now I really want to do it!

Erik, I looked in the For Sale section but did not see anything :confused:

Maybe I just need more coffee.

Leave a comment:

• J - K
    replied
    Bored TB

Yes! I just did this Mod last week and it gives you a nice little power band. I've already had a Rock - it air intake for a while now and plan on getting a Gibson exhaust in the future. I wanted to pep up the engine before I started adding more weight to the JP. What do you guys think about the Gibson exhaust? anyone used it or other Cat back exhausts? Next for me is the armor. J-k

Leave a comment:

• rick
    replied
    If I can ever find a throttle body, computer, throttle cable, and all the other bs I'm going to need to do this....lol. I'll be in touch

:shades:

Aahhhh, if I only had more time....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X