Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Jeep Wont Go In Gear

hello every one i am new on here this is my third jeep my first was a 89 cherokee Sport second was a 93 wrangler and now I have a 90 comanche I love jeeps I just dont have good luck with them The question i have my be simple for you jeep guys but here i go I was towing a car trailer with a small honda in it and we stoped for gas and it would not shift on to first or any other gear I shut the trucuk off and It whent right in like a dream what can it be? Clutch,throw out berring, slave clynder I dont know and help would be great and very helpful thanks and by the way the jeep Is 4.0L w/5 speed thanks again Pete:confused:

open the hood, and take a look at the clutch master cylinder. also look on your drivers side floor board for some fluid, and hope that you see some.
    if you see fluid on the floor, and not in the master cylinder, you have a blown clutch master. about 80 bucks, and 20 minutes. if not... it may be your slave cylinder. :mad:
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

i checked the clutch res. and it was full ant their was no fluild on the floor pan so you think it is the slave cynder?

Comment

hmmm? even if it was the slave, i think you would be low on fluid. try just bleeding the clutch. maybe that will help.
        ERIK

Comment

will that redline mt90 work in my jeep thanks and I orderd all the parts for my jeep today I am putting a clutch,pressure plate,slave cynder,master clutch cynder,rear main seal,and a partrege in a pair tree. On sat do you thing I need any thing elese thanks Pete

Comment

I FIXED IT It is all better now and shifts like a new truk I am so happey withit now I LOVE MY JEEP

Is a jeep thing...

Comment

good news! congrats on your happy jeep
              ERIK

Comment

Working...
              X