X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAILER341
    replied
    i went through this... the best way to bleed this is as follows:
    get a piece of clear tubing that fits tightly on the bleeder, run that hose into a container with enough fluid to slightly submerse the tip of the clear hose. have someone pour brake fluid into the clutch master and you watch the clear tubing until the fluid comes out fresh, clean, and with NO bubbles. when this happens, tighten the bleeder. brake fluid is cheap. buy a big bottle, and flush the whole system
    this is a form of "gravity" bleeding. it works GREAT!
    should take 5-10 minutes

Leave a comment:

• Dukes69
    replied
    Re: Clutch

Originally posted by JeepJunkie
    When i took out my engine and transmission I didn't cap off the clutch line, and now when i got everything hooked back up it doesn't seem like the clutch is working. I poured brake fluid in the little bottle thingy(the correct word is escaping me). The fluid just seems to sit there, and when i push the clutch in nothing happens it just makes some noise like the fluid is being pumped but i can feel that it isnt doing anything. What do you guys and gals think? (my little jeep project has turned into a big jeep project )
    I think its called a clutch master cylinder. You might have to bleed the clutch system. If there is air in the lines the clutch wont work properly. Check the FSM or a Haynes manual for the proper procedure. Good Luck

Leave a comment:

• JeepJunkie
    started a topic Clutch

Clutch

When i took out my engine and transmission I didn't cap off the clutch line, and now when i got everything hooked back up it doesn't seem like the clutch is working. I poured brake fluid in the little bottle thingy(the correct word is escaping me). The fluid just seems to sit there, and when i push the clutch in nothing happens it just makes some noise like the fluid is being pumped but i can feel that it isnt doing anything. What do you guys and gals think? (my little jeep project has turned into a big jeep project )
Working...
X