Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PM jim79cj7 ... he might have a used one -- he's got all kinds of used parts from installing lift kits.
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by goodtimes
      And I can't just swap out a single cardan joint for a double, the shaft would be too long.
      Even if you lift? I would think that the added length of the double cardan would be canceled out by the added suspension lift. Maybe I'm missing something? Would it still be too long?
      [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
      SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
      Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

I know this is an old thread but I just wanted to be sure. I ordered the RE 3.5" lift with the Tcase drop kit. I should be OK with this....correct? I am talking about vibes. I shouldn't run into any problems right? I don't think so but I just need a little reassurance. My Jeep only has 1500 miles on it and I don't want to have to start replacing DS or any other joints or anything. Let me know. Oh...........you guys rock!!!!!

Thanx

Jason
        The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT be infringed!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by loop choke
          I know this is an old thread but I just wanted to be sure. I ordered the RE 3.5" lift with the Tcase drop kit. I should be OK with this....correct? I am talking about vibes. I shouldn't run into any problems right? I don't think so but I just need a little reassurance. My Jeep only has 1500 miles on it and I don't want to have to start replacing DS or any other joints or anything. Let me know. Oh...........you guys rock!!!!!

Thanx

Jason
          Every Jeep is Different. But at 3.5 inches its almost a givin. IMHO T-case drops are just band-aids, I would only keep it on there untill you can afford to fix the problem.
          Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by Dukes69
            I just thought of something . . . I know you have a fixed yoke at the t-case. With that being the case, you can buy the CV part at any Napa. I dont see why you just couldnt replace the t-case u-joint with the new CV unit. Maybe I'm missing something, but that might work . . . eh?

I *Think* I have seen RE 3.5 SF kits on the net for $500 or so, that seems like a pretty good deal to me. I dont really know what it includes, but I think its fairly complete (with the exception or trackbars, I believe). A mix and match kit might be the best for you.
            Drive shaft would be way too long.
            1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Originally posted by igofshn
              Drive shaft would be way too long.
              Hey Al, Welcome to 2004
              Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

I never looked at the date. Someone else brought it back to the top.
                1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Working...
                X