Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• soft-top window repairs

Ok, I am not happy.

About 2 weeks ago some prick decided he wanted the stereo and some camping gear out of my jeep. So the a-hole cut the passenger rear window out of the soft top (rather than simply un-zipping it).

Long story short, I don't want to spend $250 on a new window that will hardly ever be on the jeep. I want to patch the piece that was cut. All that was cut was the clear plastic, the sailcloth was left intact. I want a permanent repair (no tape), that hopefully won't turn yellow with time. There has got to be a way to do this. Anyone have any ideas (besides waiting for Seapahn come out for a visit )?
    olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

sorry, i don't have an answer, but i do want to say

"That sucks!"

Welcome to the neighborhood, eh?
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Take it to an upholstery shop . I had my guy replace a window for me , what he did was sew a new window in over the old one then cut the old one out from under it . $ 20 repair !!

HTH < JIM :{>

Comment

Originally posted by jim79cj7
        Take it to an upholstery shop . I had my guy replace a window for me , what he did was sew a new window in over the old one then cut the old one out from under it . $ 20 repair !!

HTH < JIM :{>
        Jim! You rock! That is sweet!

Thanks for the tip....I'll be giving that a shot in the next few weeks!

KG6OWO

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
          sorry, i don't have an answer, but i do want to say

"That sucks!"

Welcome to the neighborhood, eh?
          heh...yea. It was the first night in town too. I still had my kayak tied down to the top, my camping gear inside (some of which was stolen).....good thing I had the rack in the back. I had all the expensive stuff under that (tools, spare parts, etc.....).

What really sucks about it is that with my deductable ($500), I will only get about $50 from the insurance co., since they are not covering anything except the window and the stereo. So for now I am running around with a big gaping hole in the dash, and the only music I hear is from the tires....(which is kinda cool in its own right...)....but I am guessing that I won't be liking that situation on long road trips.

KG6OWO

Comment

wow, yeah, i forgot about the rack in back. what a tool-saver! hope you can get everything worked out soon.
            :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

That or look on e-bay or other Jeep For Sales...just a thought

Comment

Working...
              X