Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H8PVMT
    replied
    Well I guess I will have to go with those then. Won't be till october though.

Leave a comment:

• NAILER341
    replied
    http://aev-conversions.com/ssi/osb/showitem.cfm?ID=18
    365 bucks for those
    that is a lot of coin, but they look well made.

Leave a comment:

• blkTJ
    replied
    Originally posted by H8PVMT
    So my question is are they worth the chunk of money to get? I hear those are pretty much the best you can buy.
    I really can't answer that, I don't have them, I don't know anyone who does.

They do go further under the body than the 4xdoctor's and they have an additional internal brace. So from that stand point they should cost more money.

my $.02.

Leave a comment:

• H8PVMT
    replied
    Originally posted by blkTJ
    If I'm not mistaken, those are about the most expensive rockers you can buy.

not that there's anything wrong with that.
    So my question is are they worth the chunk of money to get? I hear those are pretty much the best you can buy.

Leave a comment:

• blkTJ
    replied
    If I'm not mistaken, those are about the most expensive rockers you can buy.

not that there's anything wrong with that.

Leave a comment:

• GreenMachine
    replied
    I do like those! what's the cost run on those, and where might I be able to find a pair?

Leave a comment:

• H8PVMT
    replied
    Originally posted by Jefe

These are mine. Made by AEV they are very strong and rock-proof!!
    I like those, I think that's what I am going to get. :thumbs_up

Leave a comment:

• Jefe
    replied

These are mine. Made by AEV they are very strong and rock-proof!!

Leave a comment:

• GreenMachine
    replied
    yeah I think I want something with a step definitely, but I just don't know what exactly I want/like I guess.

Leave a comment:

• NAILER341
    replied
    i run the warn rockers on my jeep, and they have held up to quite a bit of abuse, BUT the majority of my spotters, and friends dont like them because there is nothing on the side of my jeep for them to stand on when i am really off camber, and need a ballast.
    other than that.... they are great!

Leave a comment:

• Dukes69
    replied
    Originally posted by GreenMachine
    yeah I opted to stay away from those that I posted the pic of.

what should I look for in rock guards? should I get the rock guard plate and then the skid rocker underneath or what?

mind you I don't do all that much rock climbing seeing that I am front the east coast!
    It depends on what you like and what you want. I like tub mounted rocker guards because you dont lose and ground clearence. But some people dont want to drill into their Jeep, so some companies make frame mounted rock rails. Whatever you do, dont buy steps! they wont cut it. If your set on tub mounted, I'd look for some that are 3/16 thick, and then go from there. I like 4xdr. Sun and Warn make some nice ones. Good Luck!

Leave a comment:

• GreenMachine
    replied
    yeah I opted to stay away from those that I posted the pic of.

what should I look for in rock guards? should I get the rock guard plate and then the skid rocker underneath or what?

mind you I don't do all that much rock climbing seeing that I am front the east coast!

Leave a comment:

• Dukes69
    replied
    I like my 4xdr ones. Like Tam said, I just bent them this past weekend (3/16th steel) but I'm hard on my junk. 1/8th is too thin and the bar looks more like a step then a rail. Dont skimp on protection! Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• aston
    replied
    off your rocker

I have been very pleased with my Off Your Rocker rock rails.

offyourrockers.com

3/16 steel diamond plate, powder coated, angle section.

Chris L.

Leave a comment:

• JeepJunkie
    replied
    im not an expert in the TJ thing but how about rockrails and not those orcker panel things? arent those panels pretty much agle iron or do they bolt to the frame? well here are some rockrails that seem pretty good and they have a lifetime warranty, if you bend one they will replace em i guess. http://www.rocky-road.com/jeeprockrail.html

the only problem i would see with these is if you have a body lift, im not sure how that would work out.....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X