Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JeepGal
    replied
    Chris (Dukes) has the spendy 4xdoctors...and thrashed them on Rubicon this year. It resulted in some body damage (not that he cares, but some may). He actually bent the flat part that attaches to the body near the rear tire, and in doing so, buckled in his rocker panel. Hes pretty hard on his Jeep, so I doubt that any NORMAL person would have abused them so well Ill see if I can find a pic of it.

So, my suggestion here, is if youre going to be hard on your Jeep, even a little rock crawling...dont be afraid to spend the money to protect it. Unless of course, you just dont care about body damage.

The rockers in your picture leave the panel from the door to the front tire exposed. Id look for something with either a tube at the edge of the body(like warn or sun performance...nailer and I have those...) or 4xdoctor. Try to find something with a bit of support underneath as well.

HTH

Tam

Leave a comment:

• GreenMachine
    replied
    These Sliders Are Constructed Out Of 1/8" Smooth Steel, With An 11/2" Round Tube Formed And Welded To The Side. These Stand About 4" Tall On The Sides, And Do Have An 11/4" Lip That Bends Under The Body Side Of Your Jeep

Leave a comment:

• goodtimes
    replied
    More info please. What is the wall thickness of the tube? How thick is the plate? How is it attached to the underside of the jeep?

As a general rule, tube with wall thickness under .120" is undesirable. Steel plate under 3/16 also doesn't stand up (for use as rocker protection----1/8" plate works OK for corners, fenders, etc). Be sure there is lateral support over the entire length of the guard underneath the jeep.

Leave a comment:

• H8PVMT
    replied
    IMHO they don't look very tough, but looks could be decieving.

Leave a comment:

• GreenMachine
    started a topic need opinion on some rock guards

need opinion on some rock guards

what do you folks think of these:

Working...
X