Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom Wood's Driveshaft Writeup

Tom Wood's Ultimate Travel Driveshaft and Super-flex U-Joint
    Following our installation of the JB Conversions LoMax 4 to 1 gearset and clocking our Dana 300 transfer case, we were in need of a longer front driveshaft. The clocking ring is about 3/4" thick, which moved the transfer case toward the rear. The transfer case ended up nearly horizontal, which put the front output yoke over 3" higher than stock. All of this means our stock front driveshaft was useless at 31 3/4" compressed with 3" of travel. We needed a driveshaft with a 34 1/2" running length, or basically right at the fully extended length of the stock ... read on ...

View more photos and complete writeup
    Last edited by sarah; 04-22-07, 10:34 AM. Reason: new URL
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

hey i need to see about a longer drive shaft for my cj7 i just put the springs on top of the axel and need to extend the shaft how do i measure for the correct length and were would be a good place to get a new one?

Comment

Tom Woods website

http://www.4xshaft.com/index.html
      1956 Willys Wagon restomod

Comment

Here's the instructions on measuring and stuff ... the site's in frames so it's difficult to link/navigate.

Comment

hey thanks for the info it was a real help cause everyone i asked told me to do something different so thanks

Comment

Originally posted by keithb
            hey thanks for the info it was a real help cause everyone i asked told me to do something different so thanks
            No prob - just be sure to mention the site!

Comment

Working...
            X