Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocker Comparison

When I was offering the group buy of the Rock-It Man rocker, some of the guys asked me how Rock-It Man compared to Shrockworks, AEV, Rokmen and A to Z.

This was my answer <phew!>

Constructed from 3/16th inch cold rolled steel: Shrockworks, Rock-It Man, AtoZ and Rokmen. Unsure what AEV is currently, was 1/8th inch

Bend at the tub: Shrockworks and A to Z, have a single, Rock-It Man, AEV and Rokmen have a double bend.

Horizontal supports/standoffs (from rail to rockergaurd): Shrockworks, AtoZ, AEV and Rokmen all have two, Rock-It Man has three.

Rail: Rock-It Man and A to Z have 1.5”, Shrockworks and Rokmen have 1.75”, AEV is 1.25" schedule 40 pipe.

Undercarriage coverage: Shrockworks, Rock-It Man, Rokmen and AtoZ extend past the bushings, without attaching them to it. I cant find any pics of the AEV undercarriage.

Length: Shrockworks, AEV, Rokmen and A to Z go fenderflare to fenderflare, Rock-It Man extend from wheel well to wheel well, under the fenderflare.

Height: To the door: Rokmen, Shrockworks, Rock-It Man and A to Z. AEV extend nearly to the door.

Hardware included: Stainless steel, countersunk bolts: Rock-It Man, A to Z, Shrockworks (optional countersinking). AEV is unknown, seems to be buttonhead,

Internal Support: Shrockworks, AEV and Rock-It Man included. Rokmen and A to Z is optional.

Options: A to Z, Rock-It Man, Rokmen and Shrockworks can be ordered with or without powdercoating and/or rails. AEV come powdercoated with a rail.

Misc: Rock-It Man, AEV and Shrockworks include drain holes/cutouts aligned with the drain holes in the tub. I couldn’t find any reference regarding drain holes on the other products.

This comparison was compiled by information either found on the websites, personal or 3rd party observations of them. Please do not hesitate to contact me if any of the above information is out of date, was omitted or has changed, I will be happy to edit it.

Tam
    Last edited by JeepGal; 09-14-05, 07:41 PM.
    2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
    Rock-ItMan all the way around

Tam

Nice write up on the compairsons.

I will have to print this and show it to people that I know that are getting ready to buy some sliders.
    I can not wait to get mine installed, to show them off.

Thanks

Todd
    Navy-Jeepster
    Gold Digger
    Proud to be an American! Sharetrails/BRC President.
    Sponsors: BFG, Raceline, Advance Adapters, Currie, T&T Customs.

Comment

I admit I'm partial, since I like Chris and Tam, but the Rock-It Man rockers are the best I've seen. They held up really well when I went over on my side(s) and was partially sliding down the hill on them. I didn't find any evidence of the bolts bending and the rails took all the abuse. Don't waste your money buying rockers from an impersonal company. Stick with someone you know and have actually talked to. Chris is very dedicated to making sure his products meet his high standards.

My :2: No :poop:
      Donate Life - Be a tissue, organ and blood donor

Comment

If the Rock-It Man stuff can hold up to Chris's wheeling, they'll hold up to anything
        03 Rubicon, 6" FT long arms, 35x12.5 MTRs
        "Jeep is a kind of vehicle for which you have to buy a $250 security console in order to install and store a $40 CB radio. " --Me.

Comment

Originally posted by seapahn
          If the Rock-It Man stuff can hold up to Chris's wheeling, they'll hold up to anything
          Hence the Seal of Abusal.

Tam
          2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
          Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

We can't wait to get ours!!
            1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
            Glad to be back in California!

Comment

Originally posted by king4wd2
              We can't wait to get ours!!

I 2nd that!!:gun:
              01 Tj Sport 4.0 Auto
              4 RE, 1" Bl-MM, 33" with 6" flares and ORF tire carrier
              SYE kit with ARB F/B 4.56

Comment

I just bought a set of sliders from shrokworks un powercoated with counter sunk bolts stanless hardwear they will be here on wed and installed on sunday. ill let you know how it goes if anyone is interested.
                The Second Amendment protects all the rest!

HI-LIFTS never go jeepin without it

Comment

Originally posted by freewaydan
                  I just bought a set of sliders from shrokworks un powercoated with counter sunk bolts stanless hardwear they will be here on wed and installed on sunday. ill let you know how it goes if anyone is interested.
                  I'm interested. Let us know
                  [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                  SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                  Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

please post up detailed installation pictures of inside, and outside. even pics before install would be nice.
                    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

I will do that next weekend when I get the parts...

Comment

well sorry its taken so long to reply about the rocker install, just have not had any time for jeepin'. But i did get the sliders installed...1) parts shipped without a box, 1 went missing in TX for a week. All the install bots,nuts, stainless and complete, directions a 2 year old can follow, and would recomend a floor jack or a helpfull pal they are HEAVY, got mine
                        unpowered coated with counter sunk screws (very nice) install went about 1 hr including drilling. NOTE (remember to unscrew ALL the body mount bolts on one side, forgot about the rear one!!) But they are a nice part and cant wait to test it out. Fender flairs..... if you have them they will need some trimming i put on best tops 6in flair for a 89 yj, i would try and find the ones that dont have the extension along the body. I have pics, but not sure how to load them on this site...

Comment

why on earth would you need to loosen body mount bolts to install something that protects the body???:dunno:
                          myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

its the way the sliders mount to the jeep, the sliders have a u shape notch that mounts under the floor and uses the mounts to help hold them in place

http://www.shrockworks.com/jeepbars.htm

Comment

its the way the sliders mount to the jeep, the sliders have a u shape notch that mounts under the floor and uses the mounts to help hold them in place

http://www.shrockworks.com/jeepbars.htm
                              huh? :confused: I have the Shrockbars, and am a little confused. The "u-shaped" cutouts on the part that goes under the Jeep is there to simply go AROUND the body mounts. Not sure how the body mounts would be used to hold them in place. Here is a pic of mine to illustrate...

-Bob
                              '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X