Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warrior Products Corner Guards

I bought my Warrior Products corner guards over a year ago and just this weekend installed them. Why so long?

1. On first recieveing them, I started to do a test fit. I started with the passenger side and ended there. The cuts were so screwed, no way it would even come close to aligning. I called and was sent a replacement.

2. Some time passes before I try the test fit again. Passenger fits - okay. Driver side fits okay but once again does not align. So I toss them back in the box and the box in the shed.

So this weekend, decide to tackle this. Both corners do not hug the tub corners at all. This might be common among corner gaurds, I just don't know. I expected them to match the curve of the tub a lot better than they did.

Passenger side went on nicely except for the mention curves.

Drive side was a mess.

The hole where the wiring for the brake light was 1) not aligned to the tub at all, a good 1/2 lower 2) not large enough for the plug to go thru.

The holes for the bottom of the license plate holder were too low, easily 1 inch off.

The whole on the side for the gas tank filler was *hold your breath* off and no where near aligning to where it should be.
    Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

I ordered mine before talking to you and I was worried they'd fit as bad as yours. I put mine on this weekend also. I found you have to disconnect the tail light by reaching up through the plastic cover on the bottom of the tub and from the front feed the - now disconnected - tail light wiring through the opening.

I found mine don't hug the corner either. I'm wondering if placing a fastener on both sides of the curve will pull the guard closer to the tub. The opening for the gas tank is off by barely 1/8", but it's enough so that the quard isn't flush against the tub.

How do the rivets work that they sent with the guards? Do you need a rivet gun to install them?
    Donate Life - Be a tissue, organ and blood donor

Comment

I have the poison spyder corners and couldn't be happier with them...
      It's not what you have. it's what you do with what you have.

Comment

Disconencting the taillight was no issue, the plug just would not fit through the hole provided.

I used a pop rivet gun I bought at Home Depot, I believe it was $15-$20. The rivets worked but they hardly give you enough (8 for each side). I am going to put in some more but want to find some that have the black finish like the ones provides.

I don't see how the curve in the guards will ever match the tub. I just left mine as is with the space between the corner guard and the tub.
        Last edited by nagal; 06-13-05, 08:46 AM. Reason: Beause I want to spell hole whole
        Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Originally posted by nagal
          Disconencting the taillight was no issue, the plug just would not fit through the hole provided.

I used a pop rivet gun I bought at Home Depot, I believe it was $15-$20. The rivets worked but they hardly give you enough (8 for each side). I am going to put in some more but want to find some that have the black finish like the ones provides.

I don't see how the curve in the guards will ever match the tub. I just left mine as is with the space between the corner guard and the tub.
          Even after disnconnected, the wiring wouldn't fit? That sucks. You got a wacky set (twice) I'll have to get a rivet gun. I'm concerned about the gap, because once dirt gets down there, it will rub the paint off and rust will eventually set in. Is it too ghetto to get some black silicone and seal that space?
          Donate Life - Be a tissue, organ and blood donor

Comment

Is it too ghetto to get some black silicone and seal that space?
            Not in Yucca Valley, thats what I am planning on doing
            Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Working...
            X