Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4x4 DVD Review

I got my 4x4 dvd about a week ago but I have been too busy to post a review of it, so here goes:

The dvd starts out with a great classroom-type instruction teaching the basics of what makes a 4wd vehicle work, they show and tell you everything from the different types of differentials, how steering works, and how to do a quick disconnect of your sway bar (which was incredibly helpful to me, being as new as I am to jeep vehicles).

Once the classroom session is over, the dvd explores those for and against off-roading and trail-riding, letting someone from each side state several "facts" as to why we should be allowed to keep trails and parks open, or close them to engine-driven vehicles.

The last part of the dvd is awesome footage of several different types of vehicles off-roading, and as I was watching at a little past 3 am, it really made me wanna up and hit the trails (and yes, Sarah was right....it's definately worth buying just to see the van in the rock garden!).

The only complaint I really had was at times the background music was a bit loud, which made it difficult to understand what some of the people were saying, but this is a small, easily overlooked problem.

Overall, the dvd was a great learning experience for me and provided some great entertainment at the same time. Had I not won it, I would definately buy it knowing what I know now, and I am definately looking forward to the next in the series!
    Last edited by New Jeeper; 04-19-05, 10:21 AM.
    The Grim Jeeper

ROCK ON! Glad you enjoyed it. For anyone interested in checking out the DVD some more, use the banner ad link at the top of the page - please support our advertisers!

:gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

They have a web site at www.4x4dvd.com and have a Enthusiasts Forum also.

Todd
      Navy-Jeepster
      Gold Digger
      Proud to be an American! Sharetrails/BRC President.
      Sponsors: BFG, Raceline, Advance Adapters, Currie, T&T Customs.

Comment

Working...
      X