Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FabTech anyone??

Okay, I've heard that fabtech's stuff was mostly for show and not very durable in the past. I've heard they are getting a lot better though. I've scrapped the idea of puttying YJ springs on the CJ5. I saw in JP mag that FabTech makes a bolt on spring to coil conversion kit. I just cant find thier website for the life of me. I lost the mag of course. All opinions welcome and weighable.
    [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
    Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Here is the FabTech site: http://www.fabtechmotorsports.com/

Never heard anything about them, good or bad. Black Diamond makes a coil-over conversion kit also. Check it out here: http://www.blackdiamondoffroad.com/

Thats about all I have to say as I already have coils on mine
    Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

I was not impressed with any of the gear they had at SEMA last year. There was obvious design flaws that ANYONE with any rock crawling experience should have been able to see from a mile away. Keep in mind that they didnt' have every product they manufacture at the show....so I only saw a small portion of their products.

Plus, you gotta remember that this company built it's reputation by builiding something that no one else was.....lift kits for 2wd trucks. It has only been the past couple years that they have been moving into the 4x4 stuff. It seems that they have a lot to learn.
      olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

See!

So what do ya think? Black Diamond gear? I heard these same comments from a friend about FabTech. I really dont have any rock crawling experience (except in my boots). I heard they have some "show vs. go" issues. I looked on Black Diamond's website, couldnt find any coil conversion kits. But I'll look again, was kinda pressed for time. Also, my biggest problem is that I have a '74 CJ5. Most products I see are for '76 and later. Thanks for the opinion. I appreciate it.

Originally posted by goodtimes
        I was not impressed with any of the gear they had at SEMA last year. There was obvious design flaws that ANYONE with any rock crawling experience should have been able to see from a mile away. Keep in mind that they didnt' have every product they manufacture at the show....so I only saw a small portion of their products.

Plus, you gotta remember that this company built it's reputation by builiding something that no one else was.....lift kits for 2wd trucks. It has only been the past couple years that they have been moving into the 4x4 stuff. It seems that they have a lot to learn.

Comment

I looked on Black Diamond's website, couldnt find any coil conversion kits
          Its called the XCL. Does not specify any years just says for YJ and CJ
          Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Duh... I'm a dope.

You guys ROCK man... So doggone much! Ya know what I love about Jeepin? You find very few people with jealousy/maturity issues and Jeepers are still the kind of people that pull over and offer you a hand if youre broke down on the side of the road. Of course that could be because if you drive a Jeep, eventually you will be the one on the side of the road.

Comment

Found some coil conversion kits for ya, a little pricy but here's a link

http://www.tomken.com/cgi-tomken/tom...cat=all&pos=22

Also found this guy on jeepsonly.com

http://home.c2i.net/dirtyjeep/projectTJ5usa.htm

Maybe just some good leafs, looks like a lot of work.

Cheers, B&T TJ

Comment

Wow! Thanks! That rocks! Nagal and I were just discussing maybe doing my own "kit". that's a damn big price for me to swallow, and lets not mention the wife... who needs a new car BTW.

Comment

Working...
                X