Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TJ Roll Cage by EssentiallyOffroad.com, Installed by Rock-It Man

Here's some teaser pics for you guys and gals ...

The www.EssentiallyOffroad.com TJ cage rocks, it's a beautiful design installed to perfection by www.Rock-ItMan.com with help from Rick ... the rest of the pics are on the camera still, and hopefully I can get to them tonight.

Installation writeup on the way soon too.

Grab bars

Sparks from a tool

Nice fit, clean cut

Cutting some Junk

There's a few more in the gallery ...
    http://www.myjeeprocks.com/photopost...ry.php?cat=566
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

I like how you angled the center bars. I found the trickiest part was getting the side bars lined up for the door surrounds so the soft upper doors closed tight. Otherwise it's a pretty easy install... when do you plan on testing it out?
    [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]2001 TJ with stuff..[/COLOR]

Comment

lookin' good, guys!
      did you get the whole thing in there in one day?
      we missed you all on the trail, but it looks like you were being productive.
      get those gears done, and lets get that rig of yours in the rocks!
      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
      ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Kiwi, you'll have to talk to Rick for the specs on that
        They just sent Tam and I to the store when they needed stuff, hehe.

Erik, we missed you too! Due to the restrictions of time and space, we didn't get a full day in on Saturday so it took several hours on Sunday to get it finished up. We painted her Hammerite (?) black, and it looks HOT!

Let me finish up my work for the nite, and I'll download the rest of the pics from the card.
        Woohoo!

Comment

looks great.
          myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

thanks bri ... here's a few more pics ... rest are in the gallery link above ;D

Comment

you may want to consider welding the stock windshield mounting brackets to the cage to stiffen up the windshield. just a thought. looks really good though.
              myJeeprocks.com

Comment

Looks good....I'm jealous.
                04 Rubicon
                4.5" RE Super Flex
                1" BL
                CV Yoke w/ Driveshaft
                Currie Anti-rock swaybar
                35" el cheapos
                Front Bumper & Rockers

Comment

hmm, i hope we saved those. you mean just for freeway travel? does yours have that?

thanks guys, i love it too

Comment

I didn't tie mine to the windshield FWIW
                    [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]2001 TJ with stuff..[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
                      hmm, i hope we saved those. you mean just for freeway travel? does yours have that?
                      just support in general, not totally sure it's necessary. yes, mine is that way so I don't really know if you'll notice anything without it. You'll have to let us know.
                      myJeeprocks.com

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
                        just support in general, not totally sure it's necessary. yes, mine is that way so I don't really know if you'll notice anything without it. You'll have to let us know.
                        Yeah, we sorta looked at that and went "eh"... I guess my thought is if the windshield is going to move, it's going to have to break a 5/16" bolt off and if that's the case, it's probably something bad. It didn't move or shake or anything in the seemingly gale force winds coming home, but the hard top is also on. We'll see how it looks with no top in a wind and I'll watch the windshield bolt heads to see if it rubs the paint from moving. It did come out nice, minus a few weld boogers from my crappy attempts at welding...

Originally posted by sarah
                        The www.EssentiallyOffroad.com TJ cage rocks, it's a beautiful design
                        Well... it mostly rocks. It was a very good fit through the dash, which I think is pretty impressive considering how tight it is in there. We had to do a few things that weren't mentioned in the instructions, so we weren't sure if they were oversights in the instructions or what. I still need to talk to EOR.
                        1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
                        My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

Originally posted by rick
                          It did come out nice, minus a few weld boogers from my crappy attempts at welding...

Well... it mostly rocks. It was a very good fit through the dash, which I think is pretty impressive considering how tight it is in there.
                          Turd welds??? That is what grinders are for! And bondo!

Just how tight is it? How much "stuff" did you have to move around behind the dash (vent ducts, wire harnesses, etc)?
                          olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

i secured my booty fab cage to the windshield. i figure it adds great ridgidity to the whole structure. in a roll over the windshield is toast anyway, so you may as well use its valuable strength.
                            IMO
                            >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                            ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341
                              i secured my booty fab cage to the windshield. i figure it adds great ridgidity to the whole structure. in a roll over the windshield is toast anyway, so you may as well use its valuable strength.
                              IMO
                              i just wanna put my windshield DOWN on the next trail my Jeep sees. i figure it looks cool in the movies, and maybe i will look cool too!

Comment

Working...
                              X