Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

need to buy asap: ECU for a 94 YJ, 6 cyl. manual, no ac.

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need to buy asap: ECU for a 94 YJ, 6 cyl. manual, no ac.

Any help is appreciated. Mine fried this weekend

Thanks,
    B

The smart move would be to buy a aftermarket tunable ecm and have that installed, so all your tuning issues can be resolved

Comment

ok... any idea where I can buy one of those?

Comment

Originally posted by vwtipeii View Post
        ok... any idea where I can buy one of those?
        I dont think anyone offers a "Tuneable" OBDI ECU... Well you can have a new chip installed on top, inside the ECU and then have the right guy tune it that way.

You can do a stand alone system by Painless but I think they are only offered used anymore, and no longer supported by painless.
        *Ricky Bobby* "I'm on FIRE!"... "I'm on FIRE!"...

Comment

Save a stock ecm for smogging then use a aftermarket ecm that's fully programmable like they use on rally cars and race engines. Once tuned all your fuel problems will be over and done with
          Ask the shop that dyno tuned your Jeep what they recommend. Chrysler stuff is almost impossible to flash, hence all your trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
            Save a stock ecm for smogging then use a aftermarket ecm that's fully programmable like they use on rally cars and race engines. Once tuned all your fuel problems will be over and done with
            Ask the shop that dyno tuned your Jeep what they recommend. Chrysler stuff is almost impossible to flash, hence all your trouble.
            Well the main issue is that there are no ECU's out there that I ever found that will work with the Jeep CPS and other sensors as a whole. You have to change out a few sensors and rewire with a proprietary harness and ECU if you want to go away from the stock ECU. Alot more work. BUt as I said, painless has kits out there on many Jeepspeed rigs and others, that come up for sale on occasion. They use the Delphi ECU box.

Comment

Originally posted by ROBERTK View Post
              Well the main issue is that there are no ECU's out there that I ever found that will work with the Jeep CPS and other sensors as a whole. You have to change out a few sensors and rewire with a proprietary harness and ECU if you want to go away from the stock ECU. Alot more work. BUt as I said, painless has kits out there on many Jeepspeed rigs and others, that come up for sale on occasion. They use the Delphi ECU box.
              You are correct about that, so Skeeter there's your answer

Comment

if I were you Id try one out of an XJ in a junkyard. I have one I keep for a spare you can try if you want.
                It's not what you have. it's what you do with what you have.

Comment

I would at least like to start with one for my vehicle get her running again and then we can go from there. I have been reaching out to several used auto parts places in LA. No luck yet.

Comment

Brett - I don’t know anything about YJ’s, but TJ PCM’s are easily swapped. You need a donor of the right year range (e.g. 97, 98-99, 00, 01-02, 03-06), transmission (auto vs manual), engine (4 vs 6), emissions (federal vs. CA), and Sentry key or not. I found the match I needed on car-part.com.

Comment

rockauto.com has them for $233ish.
                      God forgives, rocks don't
                      -sons of thunder

Comment

Originally posted by CVD View Post
                        Brett - I don’t know anything about YJ’s, but TJ PCM’s are easily swapped. You need a donor of the right year range (e.g. 97, 98-99, 00, 01-02, 03-06), transmission (auto vs manual), engine (4 vs 6), emissions (federal vs. CA), and Sentry key or not. I found the match I needed on car-part.com.
                        totally correct.
                        the sentry key wasn't an issue till 2000. that's why I suggested a similar year XJ. I doubt you'll find a YJ computer, but a manual XJ will work. I swapped an XJ 4.0 into my scrambler and I have 2 computers. one is a manual and one is an auto. Either seems to work fine with my auto... not sure if there is a difference. The manual one is on the work bench if you want to try it.
                        It's not what you have. it's what you do with what you have.

Comment

going this route... it makes my YJ tunable...

http://www.shop.505performance.com/p...&categoryId=35

Comment

Originally posted by vwtipeii View Post
                            going this route... it makes my YJ tunable...

http://www.shop.505performance.com/p...&categoryId=35
                            and not legal in California. But I guess there's ways around that. I wouldn't give 505 a dime of my money, I'm surprised you're still willing to

Comment

they should sell everything together, Engine, adjustable fuel pressure regulator and harness with ECU. Tune it all the first time on a dyno and be done with it.

Rather than bash to bash... offer a solution.

Comment

Working...
                              X