Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to Buy: 37x12.5x15 Tires needed

I am looking for 5 37x12.5x15 tires for my 05 Rubicon.

Jeff

uh oh...
    "It's Not Rocket Surgery"

Comment

Here we go!!!

Comment

There's not much out there in that size.. super swamper which are terrible on the road but great on the trail... and Maxxis makes a bias ply that won't balance well...

MTR is the only 37 I'd recommend but you'll need to go to a 17" rim.

I have some MTR 37 12.50 15 in descent shape if you want to come and look at em. The manager at America's tire assured me that the beads were originally damaged while mounting them and they will hold air. They've been through all the roughest trails in So. Cal with no problems .. I used them like that for over a year without incident.

BTW
        I put 35 12.50 15 MTR's on this week and climbed the RTI ramp 4 inches past my last mark... bigger isn't always better. you'll need to push your axle back at lest an inch and trim your rear wheel wells.. and add flat fenders to the front if you want any up travel at all. 37's rubbed even with MODS, 35's tuck nicely.
        You can lead a horse to water, but it might drown

Comment

There are a few decent 37" tires for a 15" rim.

Unfortunately all I have access to is new and all of my 37's are out of stock currently though.

But:
          Super Swamper Tires IROK Radial 37.0X12.50X15.0 -310$ea

Super Swamper Tires TrXus Mud Terrain Radial 37X12.50R15LT - 290$ea

Pro Comp Tires Xterrain 37.0X13.50X15.0 - 350$ea

Super Swamper Tires IROK Bias 37.0X14.00X15.0 - 255$ea

and then the best of all of them for dual purpose I think:
          Toyo Open Country Mud Terrain 37X14.50R15 - 329$ea

sorry no used here...
          *Ricky Bobby* "I'm on FIRE!"... "I'm on FIRE!"...

Comment

Originally posted by Toolman View Post
            There's not much out there in that size.. super swamper which are terrible on the road but great on the trail... and Maxxis makes a bias ply that won't balance well...

MTR is the only 37 I'd recommend but you'll need to go to a 17" rim.

I have some MTR 37 12.50 15 in descent shape if you want to come and look at em. The manager at America's tire assured me that the beads were originally damaged while mounting them and they will hold air. They've been through all the roughest trails in So. Cal with no problems .. I used them like that for over a year without incident.

BTW
            I put 35 12.50 15 MTR's on this week and climbed the RTI ramp 4 inches past my last mark... bigger isn't always better. you'll need to push your axle back at lest an inch and trim your rear wheel wells.. and add flat fenders to the front if you want any up travel at all. 37's rubbed even with MODS, 35's tuck nicely.

I am the one that you talked to over the weekend and emailed me the pics of the bad beads.

Those are to torn for me.

Thanks anyway.

So does any body have some 37's

RallyeX

Comment

37,s

hey jeff look over on race dezert.com .might get lucky.

Comment

Working...
              X