Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YJ 4 CYL Mileage

My son wants his own JEEP now.Theres a YJ around the corner for sale with a 4 banger and 5 speed.I'm not sure of the gears in it.What are you guys getting for mileage and with which gears?
    "Good Girls and Dirty Jeeps" a song by Opal Justice http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xRtRE45OVQ

MOST, of the 4 cyls came with 4.10s. Not sure if all of them came with 4.10s, but most of them did.

He won't be able to put his foot into it, so his mileage should be ok.

Definitely a good vehicle to start with.

Erik

Comment

Indeed! A fitting ride for a rookie, and a good foundation on which to build...

Comment

Hell be lucky to get 18 mpg.
        2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
        Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

MPG 4cyl

Originally posted by JeepGal
          Hell be lucky to get 18 mpg.
          I would second that.
          AriZonaTJ

======================
          0[_____]0
          .(0IIII0). - 98 TJ, 3"Tera,33" M/Ts
          []===0=[]
          ======================

Comment

Our 4cyl 5spd TJ gets 18-19 in town and about 15 on the freeway. The 4's come with 4.10 gears with the manual, 3.07 with the auto. Our rack is great, but it sucks 20% of our mileage away on the freeway
            It's not the size of your tire, it's how you place it!

'98 wrangler 4" superlift rockrunner kit, adjustable trackbar, 33's, rear EZlocker,
            and Kargomaster rack.

Comment

Decided to get it and went back and it was sold.Turns out a guy I know bought it!I guess I'll get to see how it does 4 wheelin any how!
              "Good Girls and Dirty Jeeps" a song by Opal Justice http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xRtRE45OVQ

Comment

Mileage

Stock has 4.10 gears. My mileage is only about 14-15 mpg. I have 33s.
                92 YJ, 35s, Atlas 4 speed 10:1, 4.88s SYE, RE 4.5 XD, 2' BL, D44s, Alloys shafts, Lockers, Snorkel, skid plates, roll cage, winch

Comment

Working...
                X