Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doing the Snake on Sunday

Sunday January 18th @ 11am meeting @ the "Snake" (unofficial name of trail - private property owner doesn't mind according to a few friends) Afterwards going to "SageBrush Cantina" in Calabasas for snacks and beers.

Go west towards Calabasas on the 101 Fwy., exit Las Virgenes Cyn. and head South (make a Left), follow it until you get to Mulholland Hwy., turn East (make another Left) follow it for a mile or 2, and look to the North and see the trails. Warning Sherrif's in the area are bored, so it might be wise to continue passed the trails for another 1000ft and turn in the turnout. Then turn Left back onto Mulholland and then make a legal Right, turn onto the dirt. This avoids making an illegal Left turn across a double yellow line.
    Last edited by CMeTopless818; 01-13-04, 04:55 PM.
    *Pebbles* 02 Sport Canyon Package
    Rockers by JCFabAndDesign.com/XM Commander
    Jeep Owner since '96 87YJ

damn, after reading that again, my directions sound liike crap im my head. And before someone states the obvious, yes making aleft out of the turnout would be an illegal turn too, but at least you can time it, to not piss off other drivers when you turn into the dirt.

Whatever, i'll be there. this post looked lonely without a reply. so there.
    Screw you guys, I'm goin' to pismo.

Comment

Re: Doing the Snake on Sunday

Originally posted by CMeTopless818
      Sunday January 18th @ 11am meeting @ the "Snake" (unofficial name of trail - private property owner doesn't mind according to a few friends) Afterwards going to "SageBrush Cantina" in Calabasas for snacks and beers.

Go west towards Calabasas on the 101 Fwy., exit Las Virgenes Cyn. and head South (make a Left), follow it until you get to Mulholland Hwy., turn East (make another Left) follow it for a mile or 2, and look to the North and see the trails. Warning Sherrif's in the area are bored, so it might be wise to continue passed the trails for another 1000ft and turn in the turnout. Then turn Left back onto Mulholland and then make a legal Right, turn onto the dirt. This avoids making an illegal Left turn across a double yellow line.
      Private land??? Don't take someones word. Get approval from the owner or you are opening yourself to a lot of trouble.
      1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Re: Re: Doing the Snake on Sunday

Originally posted by igofshn
        Private land??? Don't take someones word. Get approval from the owner or you are opening yourself to a lot of trouble.
        Agreed. Sounds sketchy to me. Play it safe!
        [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
        SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
        Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

sounds sketchy, yes. Talked with owner once, over 3 years ago. never had a problem before, and its been around for about 15 years or so(according to the locals that frequent it.) I'm not trying to promote illegal wheeling or anything like that.

Comment

Originally posted by YJWOLF
            sounds sketchy, yes. Talked with owner once, over 3 years ago. never had a problem before, and its been around for about 15 years or so(according to the locals that frequent it.) I'm not trying to promote illegal wheeling or anything like that.
            Thats cool. I would hate to see you guys get busted.
            [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
            SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
            Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Been there a few times.Seen trucks, bikes, remote gliders. Never had a problem. Heres a map CLICK
              That general area. You can see the trails from the road.
              “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
              -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

funny story. I was up there a few months back, and a sherrif heli was circling around us, got down towards the street and 4 sherrif cruisers pulled up on us with guns drawn. why? it wasnt for being there, another jeep(not with me) was firing off a few firearms( I warned them not to) and we were mistaken for them. Really was funnier than it sounds. There is one no tresspassing sign at a gate down one of the trails. Respect it. it goes down into someone's backyard next to their house(arial photo told me.)

Comment

and here is a better picture of the area.
                  http://terraserver.microsoft.com/ima...=9437&z=11&w=1

the squiggly lines in the middle lower portion is that trail area. The street is mulholland hwy at the bottom of the pic. the trail that breaks of in a northwest direction from the right side of the pic, is the only one with a gate about halfway down it, with the only private propery/no tresspassing sign, anywhere up there. respect it and dont go past it.

Comment

unclegreaser emailed me that he has been there quit a few times. Seems like a few people from different areas have been there so word has gotten out and I guess no problems from the Owner. If there is a problem we will apologize, leave and get the word out not to go there.

Comment

Too much trouble for my taste. Besides, I get busted and I lose my side job as a notary...and recently, it's been bringin' in some mod money.

Comment

hmmmm... this is sooooo close to me... and now that sunday's are just another day off... maybe I'll see ya there.
                        myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Don't forget peoples, tomorrow at 11am
                          “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
                          -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

I forgot exactly where we are meeting, since I can't get to the "original" thread to find out.

Comment

I'm not gonna make it. didn't get anything done today. catch ya next time.:yay:
                              myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Working...
                              X