Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by inVERt'D View Post
    That sounds like the one. Charcoal kiln...you're probably right, I was thinking along the lines of some kind of smelting operation.
    That's a fun trail, and what a view from the top.
    IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Santa Rosa Mtn Trail

Originally posted by curtis View Post
      That's a fun trail, and what a view from the top.
      Yeah, it is fun; it's gotten funner over the past couple years, too--erosion can be your friend. Now that I think of it, my avatar is a pic of me pushing a small boulder off the trail (I was tired of the stock bumper anyway). The view is worth the trip, especially if rain or something has cleared the haze--wow! That one would be a great overnighter, and there are sanctioned camping areas up there.
      holes = cowbell

Comment

Lets post up a run for this sunday, meet somewhere near your place at 11 am. I talked to my jeeping buddy he is game, he just finished putting his rollcage in and is rearing to go find some rocks

Comment

Sounds good; I was thinking Circle K, but it can be too crowded. Let's meet at the Mobil Station; they probably have better gas, there is more room for parking, etc.
          holes = cowbell

Comment

David, Fred, Steve and me tackled some of the trails in the Northern part of Anza Borrego. Excelent job showing us around David, that was some tough stuff but a lot of fun. Got some carnage though,Davind wrinkeled his rear corner. I dented a rear corner, Fred bent a shock tore up the front driveline boot and probably bend the driveshaft, Steve tore a upper control arm mount of the front axle. Still we had a lot of fun crawling and climbing over rocks and getting stuck on some of the gnarly stuff.

Last edited by aw12345; 01-25-09, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Dang Art!...looks like I missed at good time. Too bad about the carnage. May have to talk you guys into a repeat run sometime soon though.
              [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
              Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
              [/COLOR]

Comment

Great trip! Looks like ya headed on up White Wash and Horse Canyon.

Comment

Thanks Art, Steve, and Fred for coming out today--I had a great time getting stuck with a great group of guys. Whenever you want to take on that western leg again, just say the word. Looking forward to John Bull and Bullfrog, too.
                  holes = cowbell

Comment

Hey, fun looking trip, To bad about the carnage.
                    IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

i also i had a great time , it was nice to get out after been down for so long thanks guys .......

Comment

Nice pictures, thanks for sharing!

I'm thinking about heading out there next weekend. Does anybody have any waypoints of the trailheads? I've seen inVERt'D's directions to the main turnoff, but that's it.

Are there bypasses for the tougher obstacles? One of the people that might be running out there with me next weekend said they've been in the past and they didn't see anything too difficult. Some of your pictures look like what he might consider difficult.
                        If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
                          Nice pictures, thanks for sharing!

I'm thinking about heading out there next weekend. Does anybody have any waypoints of the trailheads? I've seen inVERt'D's directions to the main turnoff, but that's it.

Are there bypasses for the tougher obstacles? One of the people that might be running out there with me next weekend said they've been in the past and they didn't see anything too difficult. Some of your pictures look like what he might consider difficult.
                          I might be able to make it out there next weekend, Materdaddy. And some of that stuff out there is difficult--much more so than it looks. In the eastern leg (Alder Canyon), the dirt in the wash does not seem to cement at all, making for a very loose, rocky situation at some times. There are bypasses, but sooner or later, your rig will be in harm's way.

I think I've had enough of that leg for awhile. If we go out I suggest we go for the western leg. There are some tight parts, but it's a fun trail. And there are some bypasses.
                          holes = cowbell

Comment

materdaddy there were lots of bypasses but then it wouldnt be so much fun , we ran up a wash with boulders and scrapping your fenders on the walls of the canyon until it was completely block with a falling tree , this made for some interesting turn around spot ...... thanks for the pics art
                            Last edited by bullysteve; 01-26-09, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Had a great time. Thanks Dave for leading the way.There were some real challenging parts. Like Dave said the rocks didnt stay in place and your line changes underneath you crazy fun.
                              You can make it

Comment

Hi all here is a link to the rest of the pictures

http://picasaweb.google.com/aartw12345/AnzaBorrego#

Comment

Working...
                                X