Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oro Grande mining area

Took a little tour of the Oro Grande mining areas today. Perfect day, about 80' with a nice breeze. I had been out exploring over 3 hours before I saw another person. This area has had mining activity since the late 1890's, and there is proof of that by the different types of mines. This area was a producer of gold, silver, and some small amounts of asbestos, and copper. There is 6 main mining areas and several rock quarries from more recent times. I looked at maybe 20 mine tunnels with another dozen yet explored. A quiet, peaceful area for the interested explorer.

Old Woman Mine / An old lady has the claim to this mine that she and her husband worked from 1950's to
    his death. Lots of signs of activity here, several tunnels, shafts, and mill foundations.

Iron Door Mine / Someone tried to seal this mine years ago with a steel door, but..... A couple of tunnels, an Arrastra, and a secret lunch/party room in a tunnel with a verticle sky lite. There are a bunch of "crylume sticks" that must have made this an awesome place at night.

Oro Grande Mine

Asbestos mine

Looking east to the 15 Fwy 1 mile away

Quartzite Mountain quarry mines

Very cool, Mitch.
    :cactus::cactus:+:beer:=:poop:...:hide:

Comment

Dave,

It's great to hear that "You Are Back" Jeepin! You will dig this area.

Comment

Well I got a new camera Saturday, and I'm trying to figure out the video mode. This looks a little bumpy. Whats the hot trick? I did this by hand while driving, that might be the problem.

Mitch

Comment

cool pics man i would love to tagalog sometime, i find it fascinating to explore, and site see.

i want this jeep

Comment

92YJ

Every weekend, Any weekend, PM when you are ready! Each area that I've checked out is still loaded with more things to see.

Comment

cool thanks i really appreciate it.

i want this jeep

Comment

Working...
              X